Full time places in Reception classes are available in September of the academic year within which the child becomes five years old.
For our 2020/2021 Admissions Policy please click here
For our 2021/2022 Admissions Policy please click here
We have recently completed a consultation process for our admissions process for 2021/2022 academic year. This has now been completed - Please see the link above for our 2021/2022 Admissions Policy .
Admissions Policy 2021/22 - Consultation Process
The Trust needs to go through a consultation process to ensure that our admissions policy fits well for all the schools with in the MAT and its stakeholders (both current & future).This process has to be completed every 7 years and was last completed 2013. As part of this consultation, we have to fulfil a number of duties before 31st January 2020.
In order to ensure propriety, we will be doing the following:
- Examining the trust policy, checking admission numbers for each school and finally producing a new policy.
- Notify all parents (in writing)of the updated policy
- Consult with other local primary schools regard in the PAN
- Co-ordinate with the LA and inform them of any changes to our admissions policy
- Display a copy of the proposed admissions policy on the school website
During the consultation period the Trust must evidence that all the above has been completed during the 6 weeks of consultation. The timeline for this process is as follows.
- Update the policy -21.11.19
- Consultation period 6 weeks (minimum of six weeks) - starts 25.11.19 ends 31.01.20
- Formal agreement to go to LA-29.02.20
- Publish new details on the school website 13.03.20
- Send deadline copy to LA and notify key stakeholders, detailing how any objections can be made 13.03.20
- Deadline for any objections or cases to be referred to the independent adjudicator -13.05.20
- Primary applications for school paces opens 01.11.20
- Primary applications for primary closes 15.01.21
If you would like to make any comments regarding this policy or the consultation process, please contact Mr Probert no later than 31.01.2020.
Although parents have the right to express a preference for Lakeside Primary School, there is no guarantee of a place being offered.
How do I apply for a place in Reception at Lakeside?
Online applications are now the preferred method of making an application. Online applications are best done on a PC or laptop. Parents who apply online are able to receive email notification of their school place on the national offer day, rather than through the post.
You can apply online from 1 November 2019. The closing date for applications is 15 January 2020. Lakeside Primary School will try and meet parents' wishes where possible. However, in some cases, there may be more applications than there are places available (30 places in Reception). If this is the case, the selection process identified in the policy will be used to assign pupils' places.
Note: you must make an application by 15 January 2020. There is no automatic entry into reception.
What if I can't apply online?
Complete the relevant paper form. You can then either:
- Email the form to email@example.com
- Or print out the form and post it to:
School Admissions and Transport Service
Staffordshire County Council
2 Staffordshire Place
Please note: Paper application forms sent by post will not receive an acknoledgement of receipt.
What if I have a problem when I apply?
Call Staffordshire Admissions Team on 0300 111 8007 and select the option for 'School Admissions and Transport' or email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you.
Details of Staffordshire County Council's schools' admission details can be found at www.staffordshire.gov.uk.
Non-Staffordshire parents should apply through their home Local Authority.