We are proud to announce that Lakeside Primary School has been awarded the 'Primary Geography Quality Mark Award Bronze Medal'.
Please note that the price of school dinners has increased from £2.15 to £2.25 as of Monday 3 April 2017.
SCHOOL CLOSURE DATE
School is closed on Monday 1 May (Bank Holiday) and Thursday 4 May (Polling Day).
RECEPTION CLASS 2017-18
If you have any queries regarding places for our Reception Class in September 2017, please speak to
Admissions at Staffordshire County Council.
We will be writing to those pupils who have confirmed places in our school during May regarding our
Welcome to our school
Welcome to Lakeside Community Primary School.
Situated in Glascote, Tamworth, our school provides education for children aged 4 to 11-years-old.
We aim to provide the very best primary education for pupils by creating a positive learning environment through our dedicated team of teaching staff, support staff and Governors.
We want our children to work hard, have fun, be proud of their achievements and strive to be the best they can, both academically and socially.
Our lessons are varied and challenging to ensure that our pupils are working to their maximum capabilities. We want our lessons to be great so that everyone enjoys them.
We encourage a positive relationship with all parents / carers as we believe that our pupils have the highest chance of success when school teaching works in tandem with home learning.
We expect all children at Lakeside to behave in a socially acceptable way to help them learn and be good members of our school and community. Good attendance is key to every child’s success and we strive to ensure that our pupils and their parents / carers understand the importance of this.
We recognise our pupils’ achievements through various reward programmes and we invite parents / carers to share these successes through parents’ evenings, classroom-based events and assemblies.
Our school benefits from open playing fields and a small woodland area and this allows us to run an excellent Forest School programme on site. We also have a dedicated ‘Positive Play’ room for children who need specialist one-to-one time and a sensory garden in the Quad, where pupils can spend some quiet time and take part in outdoor learning.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website and we hope you find the information here useful and informative.
~ Kirsty Norbury
– OUR CORE PURPOSE AND VALUES
Lakeside's aim is to provide the educational, cultural and emotional foundations necessary for our pupils to be lifelong learners and to succeed as individuals in whatever path they choose. We will do this by providing excellent and engaging teaching that is underpinned by continuous development of our staff, a safe and high quality learning environment and access to a range of appropriate support for our pupils and their families.
Aims- The way we deliver our core purpose
1. To encourage active partnership between home, school and the community and their participation in all aspects of school life.
2. To raise standards and achievement through high expectations and good or better teaching and learning.
3. To offer equal opportunities to all children and staff regardless of gender, religion, race or any other special needs.
4. To provide, through a wide range of broadly based experiences appropriate to individual needs, a stimulating creative curriculum.
5. To provide a secure and stimulating environment to enable each child to develop intellectually, socially, physically and emotionally.
6. To provide a curriculum that reflects and celebrates the cultural diversity of our society.
7. To provide opportunities for the professional development of staff within a supportive framework.
Latest Lakeside Events
There are currently no events.